Yummy treat for me!

Happy Holidays

My Holiday Wishes For You

CEO's Corner - December 2022 Time is such a strange construct. How many of you feel, like me, that 2021 flew by? I mean, it’s the end of 2021, and it feels like it was just yesterday we were all just so happy to put 2020 behind us as we looked forward to a better 2021.
Read More

Ups and Downs

Ups and Downs in Nursing Careers

It Happens to the Best of Us!

Balance in my life has meant different things at different points throughout my nursing career.
Read More

Joanna Allen-Boyd with her service dog Spencer.

Pet Therapy is Not Just for Patients

How pet therapy dogs can reduce stress for nurses too.

In healthcare settings, staff continue to face busy, non-stop work environments. Finding appropriate breaks and downtime to mindfully refresh is increasingly difficult.
Read More

Heartbeat and healthcare provider

Help Identify Opioid-Induced Respiratory Depression in Your MSU's Patients

Patients decompensate in largely unpredictable ways on MSUs

Cardiac and respiratory monitoring of patients in medical-surgical units (MSUs) is minimal, even though approximately 40 percent of medical-surgical patients experience an acute respiratory event.1
Read More

Two nurses talking
The American Nurses Association (ANA) state nurses work tirelessly to identify and protect the needs of the individual (nursingworld.org). Nurses are known for being caring, kind, gentle, and trusting. They are also known to be very altruistic, which is defined as a selfless concern for others even to their own detriment.
Read More

Let’s Celebrate Our Specialty!

A week celebration turned into a month for our 30th anniversary.

Happy Medical-Surgical Nurses Month! Usually, we celebrate Medical-Surgical Nurses for only a week in November (1-7), but this year we decided to commemorate the whole month.
Read More

Two happy med-surg nurses!

Thankful for Med-Surg Nurses

A time of thanks and celebrating Med-Surg Nurses Week!

CEO's Corner - November 2021 I love fall. It’s my favorite season. I love watching the leaves change. When I lived in Canada, the fall colors were amazing.
Read More

Please visit the Help Center with any questions you may have about Publications.

Help Center

Months

Topics